The vacancy has expired.
As a Wherstead Park colleague operating as part of the East of England Co-op, you’ll benefit from:
- Our colleague discount, giving you 20% off in our food stores. Plus, as a member of our co-op, not only will you own a share in our business, but you’ll also have access to fantastic offers and discounts with regional attractions, restaurants and more.
- Flexible working, helping you to balance your commitments both in and out of the workplace.
- Support from GroceryAid, our free employee assistance scheme.
- A number of other benefits designed with our colleagues in mind.
- Fair pay. We pay above the full adult rate of pay for all colleagues, irrespective of age, plus offer enhanced holiday, pension contributions and family leave benefits.
Wherstead Park is a versatile venue with a reputation for putting on great events. Operating as a business within the East of England Co-op family, Its beautiful grounds have been woven into the Suffolk landscape through the generations. The mansion has played host to many walks of life across the years, acting as a family home, party venue, convalescent hospital, a space for war torn children, and more.
In order to strengthen the existing team, an opportunity has arisen for an Administrator to join our busy Events team on a fixed term basis. While our operational events colleagues are busy making events happen for our clients, the Administrator will provide vital office based support by maintaining good systems and processes in the office to ensure compliance with a number of tasks ranging from the processing of invoices through to capturing the initial details of event enquiries. A pivotal member of the team, you will thrive in an environment where no two days are the same and where being a team player is paramount!.
As an Administrator within the Events Team at Wherstead Park you’ll:
- Understand that no two days are the same and embrace that you will be balancing a number of varied tasks at any one time.
- Issue accurate invoices to clients for booked events and manage incoming invoices into the department.
- Liaise with our clients where required ensuring they receive excellent customer service every time.
- Manage the administration relating to our renowned Christmas party night events creating a hassle free administrative journey for our clients from initial enquiry through to the issue of final invoices.
Build relationships with colleagues both inside and outside of the direct team creating a ‘stronger together’ approach to the work we do
The Ideal Candidate
At Wherstead Park we embrace the four values we live by as part of the East of England Co-op:
- Doing the right thing –We make decisions that help to save our planet and we put people before profits.
- Stronger together – Building relationships across our business, embracing other’s perspectives, and supporting each other’s decisions.
- Unstoppable – At Wherstead Park we’re not afraid to challenge the status quo and learn from our mistakes. We willingly embrace change.
- A place for people to grow – We treat and respect everyone as individuals, continuously learning and sharing new ideas.
If these values resonate with you, this could be your perfect role!
About The Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – over the past 150 years we’ve earned local trust, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities. Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
To submit your application, click the ‘Apply’ button below.
If you’re an existing user, simply log-in to your account with us.
If this is your first time applying for a role with our co-op, complete the short form to register an account with us. By registering you can upload and save your CV plus set-up alerts for your preferred role type and location.
Once signed-in, fill-in the detail as prompted and submit your application. You’ll receive an email to acknowledge we’ve received your application.